Why is Maintenance Important
It is very important that you have your Sprinter van regularly maintained by a qualified technician. You should always have a maintenance schedule in place to ensure your Sprinter va is at its peak performance and durability.
It is important to get the very best fuel economy out of your Sprinter van whether it be your personal every day driver or a fleet vehicle that you put a few thousand miles per week on. Good fuel economy can save you thousands of dollars in a years time just by simply setting a maintenance plan and following it. If you find yourself strapped for time then let the professionals do it for you. With our maintenance software, we can simply track your next service and schedule you in advance.
Information about drive belts replacement
This average is for a price which can range from as low as $148 up to around $224.00.
General Steps - drive belts replacement
- Locate the pulley routing diagram printed on the underside of the engine hood. he drive belt must route properly around each pulley to ensure the accessory runs properly.
- Locate the tensioner pulley
on the lower half of the engine,
close to the crankshaft pulley
located in the center of the
- Lift up on the handle to release tension on the drive belt. Slip the drive belt off the tensioner pulley.
- Remove the drive belt from the other pulleys, and then route the new belt onto all the pulleys except the tensioner pulley. Use the diagram to help you.
- Lift up on the ratchet handle, and slide the drive belt over the pulley. Let go of the handle, and remove it from the tensioner pulley to create tension on the belt.
These instructions are for informational purposes only, they are a general guide and may not reflect the actual process of drive belts replacement needed for your specific vehicle. Theses instructions should not replace the expertise a mechanic can provide.