Why is Maintenance Important
It is very important that you have your Sprinter van regularly maintained by a qualified technician. You should always have a maintenance schedule in place to ensure your Sprinter va is at its peak performance and durability.
It is important to get the very best fuel economy out of your Sprinter van whether it be your personal every day driver or a fleet vehicle that you put a few thousand miles per week on. Good fuel economy can save you thousands of dollars in a years time just by simply setting a maintenance plan and following it. If you find yourself strapped for time then let the professionals do it for you. With our maintenance software, we can simply track your next service and schedule you in advance.
Information about injection pump service
This average is for a price which can range from as low as $1200 up to around $1950.00
General Steps - injection pump replacement
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal
- Remove throttle linkage
- Remove Injection pump bracket
- Remove injection pump supply line from injection pump.
- Remove high pressure supply lines that go to the injectors.
- Disconnect the solenoid electrical connector from the fuel solenoid.
- Remove the air control tube.
- Replace the injector pump vent line and cap screw.
- Remove the injector pump support bracket.
- Remove the oil filter tube bracket mounting screw, oil filter tube and adapter from the engine front cover.
- Rotoate the engine withtrh e barring tool uintil the injection pump key-way is pointing directly down.
- Slowly rorate the engine, with the barring tool, while pushing in on the timing pin. The pin will fall into a hole in the cam gear when the engine reaches top dead center.
- Pull timing pin out of the can shaft gear.
- Loosen the injection pump lock screw. remove locjk-screw wasker and tie to the injection pump flange with wire for installation.
- Tighten lock-screw
- Use a T-Bar to pull the injection pump gear off the pump shaft. Use 8mm and 1.25mm scres to attach t-bar to shaft.
- Remove injection pump mounting nuts.
- remove the injection pump and clean the gasket surfaces on the engine block and injection pump.
These instructions are for informational purposes only, they are a general guide and may not reflect the actual process of injection pump replacement needed for your specific vehicle. Theses instructions should not replace the expertise a mechanic can provide.