Why is Maintenance Important
It is very important that you have your Sprinter van regularly maintained by a qualified technician. You should always have a maintenance schedule in place to ensure your Sprinter va is at its peak performance and durability.
It is important to get the very best fuel economy out of your Sprinter van whether it be your personal every day driver or a fleet vehicle that you put a few thousand miles per week on. Good fuel economy can save you thousands of dollars in a years time just by simply setting a maintenance plan and following it. If you find yourself strapped for time then let the professionals do it for you. With our maintenance software, we can simply track your next service and schedule you in advance.
Information about our oil change service
This average is for a price which can range from as low as $125 up to around $250.00
General Steps in our oil change service
- Before draining out the old oil,
we open the hood of the car and open the oil filler cap on the top of the engine.
- Loosen the plug counter-clockwise using the proper sized socket (or wrench).
- Some vehicles (such as BMW, Mercedes, newer Volvos, etc) may have a filter element or cartridge as opposed to the simpler spin-on type.
- Locate the filter assembly, remove old filter, lubricate the new one and install new filter.
- Replace the drain plug on the oil pan.
- Carefully screw on the new, lubricated filter, being careful to not cross the threads
- Add new oil to the car at the fill hole
- Replace the fill cap, check around for tools, and close the hood.
- We start the engine, watching to be sure the oil pressure light goes off after start-up, and look under the car while the engine is running to check for any drips.
These instructions are for informational purposes only, they are a general guide and may not reflect the actual process of our oil, lube and filter needed for your specific vehicle. Theses instructions should not replace the expertise a mechanic can provide.